Our goal as Christians should be to help people prepare for their journey their eternal home at the end of their days. We must be ready to show others the way. We now live in an ever changing world and one day we find ourselves before the great throne of God to give an account of our lives and that without partiality. (Act 10:34-35).
So what do we already know?
1. Life has much sorrow and disappointment (Job 14:1-2).
2. Life also has much uncertainty and we can never depend on what will happen tomorrow we must take each day as it comes to us and live for Christ.
3. There is only one reliable source of information that will set us free (the word of God). So we must stand and we must defend God's word. It helps us to see where we are from, where we are going, and how to get there. For without our obedience to the word, we will be lost.
4. Studying God's word will give us our insight. We must continue to prepare ourselves for that day when we stand before God.
Some think honesty and sincerity is all that is needed in our walk with our Lord. Many times we find out that we are honestly and sincerely wrong. A true follower of Christ knows that there is one church that Christ died for. So we can have confidence in the one church established by the Lord for our eternal salvation.
What is the Nature of Eternity?
We may "see" the unseen things in eternity. 2Co 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
2Co 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
2Co 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
Verse 18 shows the principle for the Christian which governed the life of our Lord (Phil 2:7-11). we should follow Christ's example for our lives?
It is hard for the human race to look beyond the here and now. We live in a world of days, months, decades. We are unable to grasp the idea of eternity. For most do not want to deal with or care about something that is not tangible to them. People feel eternity is some abstract place they cannot see that is under the sole rule of God (Act 17:28).One day we will all stand before him. (2 Cor 5:10).
The Nature of Man
All men have a soul they will be held accountable for. Rich or poor, in the eyes of God we are all the same. He shows no partiality. Therefore, as Christians we must look forward (2 Cor 4:16) so we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.
What a grand opportunity. We are forever looking to Christ as our helper in this present world.
(Hebrews 12:2-3) looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3) For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.
We must help, not hinder in the Kingdom., (1 Peter 1:22-25)
Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart,
23) having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,
24) because "All flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, and its flower falls away,
25) but the word of the Lord endures forever." Now this is the word which by the gospel was preached to you. The spirit or soul which cannot be killed. This is true and if true should we not perpare ourselves for that day in eternity. O we must get ready, forever watching. (Matthew 10:28) "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
We must not lose sight of this very fact. Man will exist forever in one of two places; heaven or hell. For it is NOT God's will that any should perish. (1 Tim 2:4) who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. Don't you see, my friend. It is NOT God's will that you lose your soul in Hell.
Make no mistake, there is an Eternal Punishment.
(Matt 25:46) "And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
A. The unrighteous man will receive punishment for what he has done on earth, in his life. (1PE 1:17-21)
17) And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your sojourning here in fear;
18) knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers,
19) but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.
20) He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you
21) who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.
B. This punishment is revealed by Paul's inspired pen.
5) But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
6) who "will render to each one according to his deeds":
7) eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;
8) but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness — indignation and wrath,
9) tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek;
10) but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
11) For there is no partiality with God.
12) For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law
13) (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;
14) for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things contained in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,
15) who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)
16) in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.
According to these verses, what sort of people should we be? For our days are numbered (2 Cor 6:2) For He says: "In an acceptable time I have heard you, and in the day of salvation I have helped you." Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.
Can you hear Jesus pleading with you so you will not lose your soul in Hell? (Matt. 11:28-30).
Each day that we live. we have an opportunity to choose where we will spend eternity.
Yes, my friend, time is fleeting. We see in James that our lives are but a vapor (Jam 4:14).
Won't you consider your ways today , walk circumspectly and prepare yourselves for eternity?
Sincerity will not be sufficient. You must obey the will of God.
For we see in (Prov 14:12) There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.
Those that do not obey the gospel will suffer eternal punishment. (2TH 1:7-9).
7) and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels,
8) in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9) These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,
Also the ones that were faithful at one time and have become unfaithful, sin wilfully, shall suffer punishment
But there Is Eternal Life Promised To God's People (Matt. 25:46).
a. The righteous will live with God in His kingdom.
b. Eternal life is living glory and honor. ( Rom. 2:7).
WE NEED to "LAY Hold" on eternal life (1 Tim 6:12). Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. Where will you be in eternity? That is determined by the choice you make presently. What will you decide?
Will it be Heaven or Hell? You choose. If you do nothing the choice has been made.
Today is the day of salvation. This is the time to be saved (2Cor. 6:2).
Why spend a few years on earth in sin and forfeit eternal life? The choice is yours. Won't you come to Christ this very hour?
Consider this, if you will? Sin takes you further than you want to go, keeps you longer than you want to stay, and cost you more than you want to pay.
Yes, all can have Salvation. We can Hear the word (Rom 10:17) WE can believe that word (JOHN. 8:24) Repent of one's sins (Acts 2:38). Confess the name of Christ (Rom 10:9-10). and then be Baptized into Christ (Acts. 22:16). Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life (Rev. 2:10).